- Better Times, winner of the 2017 Prairie Schooner Book Prize, forthcoming from University of Nebraska Press 2018
- “Departures,” One Story, Issue 241
- “No Man’s Land,” Salt Hill, Issue 37
- “When Her Father Was an Island,” Bellevue Literary Review, Fall 2016
- “Foreigners,” Michigan Quarterly Review, Winter 2016
- “Laika,” New Orleans Review, 2015; second publishing in The Pushcart Prize Anthology XLI, Best of the Small Presses 2017
- “Those Who Left & Those Who Stayed,” Epiphany, Winter 2013/2014. Watch the author read an excerpt from this story here.
- “Prospecting,” LIT, Summer 2011
- “Cleavage,” Gulf Coast Fiction Prize Winner, Winter/Spring 2011; Notable Story in Best American Short Stories 2011
- “Sara Batkie on Jo Ann Beard,” Literary Mothers, 2014
- Sara is a contributing writer for the pop culture site SportsAlcohol. Read her articles here.
- Follow Sara on Twitter: @batkvetch
- Follow Sara on GoodReads